Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Garry Bjorklund, here I come!

Several weeks ago, I received a message in my inbox that delivered the news I wasn't anticipating.

I had registered in the lottery to participate in the Garry Bjorklund 1/2 Marathon in 2011. This particular race is what prompted me to start running in 2007. I ran this race in 2007, 2009 and wanted to continue the every other year tradition and run in 2011.

My name was not drawn in the 2011 lottery, therefore I thought that I was "out of luck". Fast forward to last week when my thoughtful, handsome and very athletic brother, Kyle sent me a message telling me that his school was auctioning a Garry Bjorklund race number as a fundraiser, I told Kyle my high price and he was off and bidding...guess what? I WON!

Kyle and I will be competing together as he was a lottery winner and I am an auction winner...in the end, we will both be off to the races on June 18, 2011.

No comments:

happy anniversary

31 years ago my dear brother Cory married the enchanting Joan! Wishing you a lifetime of joy and happiness!