Saturday, August 20, 2011

frog and bug

Tonight our family was watching Goonies when Anders announced there was a frog on the window. Sure enough there was a green frog watching a large green bug and dreaming of a tasty meal. We didn't witness the feast, but I'm hoping froggy will enjoy dinner soon.

The wind is starting to pick up and it is raining again today. So far, it has rained at least once per day since we landed. We've been here a full week and in some ways it seems much longer and in others it seems like it can't be a full week already.

Brad and the kids and I spent some time getting my classroom ready today. It's so exciting to think of all the possibilities. It's probably a good thing I don't live so close to a school supply store :). Our family also stopped by the Fredricksted beach where the snorkeling was sweet. Anders and Brad got to see a sea turtle. A cruise ship was in town which was fun to see.

Sweet dreams and more later...

1 comment:

Dintemanns said...

Sounds fun Karen!
I have never lived on an island, but I loved those daily showers when we vacationed on Maui.
Cheers!

warm memory of Uncle Leo

  My uncle Leo loved being in the woods and collecting maple sap and boiling it down. His grandson, Tyler just posted this photo of his gran...