Sunday, September 11, 2011

Chocolate chip cookie day

Today, I am going to attempt chocolate chip cookies. We stopped by cost u less on our way home from church to pick up sugar. I just have to remember what Great Grandma Grace's recipe includes. I believe it is as follows:

1 1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup crisco
1 tblsp vanilla
3 eggs
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 1/2 cups flour
18 ounces chocolate chips

I've made these so many times, I should be able to mix in my sleep, but we do have company coming in Uncle Bruce and this is his Mom's recipe, so I want to make sure they are right.

With reverence, I am trying to observe the horrific acts of September 11, 2001. It's hard to believe that happened 10 years ago. Anders was just a little shaver at his 2nd day of daycare. Norma, one his care providers was unconcerned regarding the events, but it is a day that will be forever etched in my mind.

Here are some photos from CCC day:




No comments:

mid week pick me up

Tonight I met my friend Julie for some appetizers over in Hudson at Brick and Bourbon. So fun to catch up!