Saturday, June 2, 2012

last day at Good Hope

Yesterday was a whirlwind.  Kathryn wrapped up her first year of formal education, Anders his fourth grade year and myself an outstanding first year of teaching.

We made mortarboards in class, went to the theater for an impromptu ceremony where Raquel, the head of school recited poetry.  We then went back to the classroom and cleaned the class, had a small party and took lots of photos, shed some tears, and experienced some excellent hugs.

O and the edible arrangement from K&J
My sweet kiddos shared photos, an edible fruit arrangement, books, handbags, chocolate, serving ware, candles, body wash and lotion.  It was a great day. 

Kindergarten commencement--B, J, S, C, K & K

cupcakes on bottom-- BL brought this cool cake

proud graduate

Kathryn under the spider with L, K & S

one last swing on the playground


I unfortunately had lost my voice and feeling a little under the weather so didn't think to take a photo of my lovely daughter and myself to commemorate our year together in the classroom.  It will be a memory cherished by me forever.

No comments:

genes are strong

  This is a sweet 3 year old who is poking out her tongue. 👅 I happen to know her great grandmother, great aunt, her Mom and her Mom’s cous...