Thursday, January 10, 2013

one thousand six hundred fifty nine

I love my daughter.  She is one of the most intelligent, articulate and interesting people I have ever met.

Over the holiday break, I would ask her a question regarding quantity--an example would be, how many grapes would you like with your lunch?  Her response was invariably "one thousand six hundred fifty nine".  After about the 25th time she used that precise number, I finally noticed the trend.  I asked her where she got that number and she just giggled and replied "I don't know it just pops in my head whenever you ask."

It had been a few weeks since a number question had peppered our conversation.  This morning at breakfast I asked "how many slices of toast would you like?"  Her response "you know...."  My response "no, I don't know".  Her response "one thousand six hundred fifty nine" with liberal giggles. A, K and I just burst into shared laughter. 

I'm documenting here so SOMEDAY we can try to link that mysterious number with whatever it is intended to be linked.

No comments:

warm memory of Uncle Leo

  My uncle Leo loved being in the woods and collecting maple sap and boiling it down. His grandson, Tyler just posted this photo of his gran...