Thursday, May 30, 2013

face plant

After work yesterday, A & Brad were heading to a baseball game in Woodbury (they lost in extra innings) and O and K were running around outside. I wanted to pick up a few more flowers from the campus greenhouse and Laura had commented that it had been a while since she had seen O, so I decided to pack up and head in to visit work friends and get a few more items for our garden.

K roller bladed the whole way and O rode in the stroller.  I gave him freedom in the greenhouse and in the building to run around.  We got to see Lisa in the greenhouse, and Laura and Sue in the building.  It was fun to have the kids pick out some flowers and to spend some time seeing people I get to work with every day. 

When it was time to walk home, he decided he should walk--he didn't just walk, he ran the whole way.  Along the way, he found a really nice, large mud puddle.  He called back to me "Momma?"   I took it that he was asking "Mom, can I run through the puddle?" so I told him to go for it.  He joyously ran through the puddle and proceeded to face plant in the center of the puddle.

Thankfully, we had an audience who enjoyed the spectacle, we also had a relatively short distance to cover in order to arrive at home and jump in the warm, sudsy bathtub and we also had a very composed little boy tip toe home wearing his wet clothing.  He immediately jumped into the tub and was ready to go on another walk shortly after getting dried and dressed. 

No comments:

game 2 at Target Center

Katie, Osten and I traveled to Target Center this evening to see the Timberwolves face the Phoenix Suns in game 2 of the NBA western confere...