Tuesday, June 11, 2013

pool time


Yesterday afternoon, I was sitting in the Greenwood gymnasium watching the farewell assembly.  The fifth graders were especially lauded for their accomplishment of "graduating" onto the next chapter of their lives.  I can't believe our eldest is moving onto that next chapter!

Ms. K was processing into the gym with her class when spied me in the crowd.  She abandoned her class and opted to sit on my lap for the entire assembly.  It made my heart melt, but then it started to make my face melt as well.  There were quite a few people jammed into the gymnasium and the warm little body on my lap made it even more tropical-feeling.  About 1/2 way through the program, K leaned into me and said "Mom, I think it would be a great idea to go swimming tonight."  I agreed wholeheartedly.

Fast forward to dinner at our house last night and I was reminded of our pact formed at the assembly.  We quickly donned our suits after cleaning up dinner table and the three kids and I biked/rode scooter down to the hotel pool as Brad was busy with scraping paint off the front of the house preparing for a new coat of paint.  I had skinned my knee yesterday morning, so was unable to fully immerse myself in the water, so older brother kept track of younger brother (they did beautifully) and sister performed many acrobatic manuevers.

The pool time was a wonderful way of cooling off and I am hoping we can take advantage of that huge perk of my gym membership numerous times this year!

No comments:

warm memory of Uncle Leo

  My uncle Leo loved being in the woods and collecting maple sap and boiling it down. His grandson, Tyler just posted this photo of his gran...