Tuesday, August 20, 2013

corpse flower


The River Falls Corpse flower is blooming again!  The first time it bloomed was in 2010 shortly after I returned to work after maternity leave with O.  Last night, the kids and I went to see and smell the phenomenon.  We rode our bikes over and could smell the aroma from about 50 yards.  There were several people checking out the flower.  A missed the first blooming and decided that wasn't such a bad thing as the flower is super stinky.  Right after we viewed the flower, we headed over to the hotel to take a dip in the pool.

It was a super fun evening, albeit stinky.
at the 2010 bloom

overwhelmed by the STENCH

the smell was more tolerable in this shot

No comments:

mid week pick me up

Tonight I met my friend Julie for some appetizers over in Hudson at Brick and Bourbon. So fun to catch up!