Friday, August 16, 2013

cycles


This morning, our seven year old was up and ready to bike over to Greenwood--the class lists are posted today!  She is so excited and it was brimming from every pore.  I did have to go to work, but I'm sure Brad will indulge and take a few moments away from his work to take our sweet one over.

She is hoping that she will have a few kids that she already knows, but is eager to make more friends.  It was interesting because she shared that it's always fun to have new kids in the class.  When I asked her what it was like to be a new kid, she shared that it was fun, but she was happy that she doesn't have to stand up in the opening assembly this year.  I would have thought the recognition would be right up her ally, but perhaps she has a little more of her Great Grandma Annie in her than I ever imagined.

Today is my last college visit day before I embark on my new teaching adventure.  It is so interesting to watch the tour groups come through.  More often than not, the college student candidate looks lethargic in the early hours of the morning and their parents/parent/guardian has a notebook and very attentive affect.

The whole cycle of life is fascinating--from emerging 2nd grader eagerly waiting to see who is in her class--to college student candidate lethargy--to college parent attentiveness.  I don't know if I will be aware of this as we help our children search for the right path, but I am well aware at this time.
eager emerging 2nd grader

lovely Senior who is or soon will be actively searching for options after High School

eager parents who have started or will soon start helping their sons' find their path

No comments:

appointment day with the best MomIn America

Woke up on the home farm and had a nice breakfast with brother Kurt. Then off to Mountain Lake to pick Mom up for her cardiac and spine imag...