Tuesday, August 12, 2014

calling Orson

Yesterday afternoon, our family was dining at Subway after a fun weekend camping with the Knier family.  While dining, we saw the news of the passing of Robin Williams.  Immediately, I suspected his depression had taken over and called him to take his life.  Not long after, it was announced that my suspicions are not unfounded.  Depression is so deep, hard to fathom.

His body of work is impressive.  My most enjoyable and what came to mind first was his character Mork.  It debuted in the late 1970s when I was spending quite a bit of time watching television.  Our pastor used Mork in his sermons quite often so that made Mork and Mindy even more endearing.  One of my favorite handshakes in our morning meeting circle is shaking hands like Mork and saying Nanu Nanu.  The kids get a kick out of it and I do too.  Thank you Robin Williams for sharing your gifts with the world!  Your candle may have burned out, but your legend never will.


No comments:

genes are strong

  This is a sweet 3 year old who is poking out her tongue. 👅 I happen to know her great grandmother, great aunt, her Mom and her Mom’s cous...