Wednesday, March 4, 2015

choked up

Tonight as I was passively viewing FB, I noticed an incredible post by my brother Kurt. I copied it from his page and hope he will forgive me if he takes as theft, but I want my dear Mom to see this and for me to preserve this story in my story for all time.

"This is the small wooden cross I made for Ross's gravesite until the stone we ordered this week arrives in about 3 months. I used leftover oak pieces from the bookshelf he built for this past summer's 4H project. As I was concentrating on using my best penmanship for the lettering, the wind chime that was a few feet away suddenly chimed. I looked up startled and realized it was a gift from his funeral. It reads:
Comfort and Light. "God doesn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and Light for the way"
What a beautiful gift this is. I knew and felt Ross's presence right beside me."  
Tears continue to roll down my face and my throat is choked up. I love my dear dear brother and know that his faith, good heart and Ross' incredible presence will be with him.  

No comments:

happy anniversary

31 years ago my dear brother Cory married the enchanting Joan! Wishing you a lifetime of joy and happiness!