Tuesday, July 21, 2015

homemade laundry soap

My friend, Lisa Owens shared a wonderful recipe for homemade laundry detergent found here:

http://happymoneysaver.com/making-your-own-laundry-detergent-worth-the-cost/

This past week, our 14 year old helped make the detergent. I have been making for the past 3 years and this is only the 6th time I've made. It costs about $22 for a batch, so it is an economical and environmentally friendly way to clean our clothing.

Here are some photos from the making:

The cheese grater, oxyclean, 3 bars fels-naptha, borax, laundry soda and baking soda

some of the ground borax (used cheese grater)

my helper finishing up the grinding

adding the oxyclean

stirring

The finished detergent ready to launder many loads of wash

No comments:

genes are strong

  This is a sweet 3 year old who is poking out her tongue. 👅 I happen to know her great grandmother, great aunt, her Mom and her Mom’s cous...