Monday, September 14, 2015

first time

For the first time in recent memory, September 11 didn't bring images of my second day of work at Artco to mind. The second day I dropped ACO off at daycare. The second day I was commuting 30 miles from our home in Idaho Falls (at that time apartment) to Rexburg, Idaho. I remember getting into the car, turning onto Woodruff and hearing of a commuter plane crashing into the WTC while we were listening to NPR. Then I heard of the second plane and it seemed like there was a state of emergency.

My parents and Leo and Loie had just taken off from Southern Minnesota to come visit us in Idaho Falls. They didn't hear of the events until they stopped for the night in South Dakota.

That was 14 years ago. I didn't think I would go through a September 11 without remembering, but it is possible.

No comments:

genes are strong

  This is a sweet 3 year old who is poking out her tongue. 👅 I happen to know her great grandmother, great aunt, her Mom and her Mom’s cous...