Thursday, April 28, 2016

spitzner

Another tragedy has rocked southern Minnesota this week with a young man losing his life. I don't know the circumstances, but my dear brother Kurt said it so well...

Yesterday marked the day that two years ago we lost our good friend Larry Spitzner. Two days previous to that anniversary, we lost his son John. We are all shocked, stunned and shaken. As we attempt to help by muddling through chores, we know there is no way to repay this family for all that they mean to so many people. Both Larry and John would drop what they were doing to help a friend or neighbor in a time of need, I've witnessed it many times. As countless people gather at the farm these past few days and as we gather for the visitation and funeral, it makes me realize this family epitomizes 'community' better than anyone I know. May God's peace and strength continue to comfort them.

No comments:

warm memory of Uncle Leo

  My uncle Leo loved being in the woods and collecting maple sap and boiling it down. His grandson, Tyler just posted this photo of his gran...