Sunday, August 27, 2017

next stop Red Wing, the Kinni and Hudson

Thursday morning, the kids reminded me that we wanted to go to a waterslide before the summer was over. Mission--Red Wing waterpark.

We departed home at 11:30 and arrived in Red Wing at noon. We ate lunch at Randy's--a fast food place that we believe is unique to Red Wing where we dined on fried chicken. Then to the water park where we were just one of a few families enjoying the sun and water. Osten mustered the courage to go on the waterslide himself which was a big rite of passage for him.

We got back home at about 3 when Brad and I packed up the kayak and canoe and went for a paddle down the Kinni. For the first time, I almost swamped my kayak when I got caught on a fallen stump. I was able to get out and then pull to shore when Brad and I dumped the water out of my craft. The water was running really well and we had a great time! We arrived home at 6:25 when I jumped in the shower to head to Hudson with girlfriends for dinner.

Dinner at San Pedro del Este. Seven of us--Jen, Sharyl, Sarah, Angie, Gretchen, Michelle and myself ordered everything on the menu which had 14 different tapas and shared. Great to catch up with friends and eat really great food.

Home at midnight after a really incredible day.

No comments:

happy anniversary

31 years ago my dear brother Cory married the enchanting Joan! Wishing you a lifetime of joy and happiness!